Another production progress update here.
I am happy to say, that we are moving really fast in the recent weeks 🙂
We got out of the way:
1. The final colour scheme for the TankCopter.
The drone will look like this :
2. The packaging inserts.
Those will be made out of polystyrene instead of plastic. Reasons behind our choice :
– Plastic inserts don’t look very aesthetic, as they tend to deform, bend.
– Polystyrene inserts provide better protection for the drone.
3. Tested the idea that prevents arms damage (the snap-lock mechanism + arm on the hinge).
4. The app got a new look.
5. The “Instruction Manual” for the smartphone app is also finished.
You can download it here: https://xerall.com/downloads/
6. We decided on the smaller radio transmitter.
Reasons behind our choice:
– The most important one; it smaller, lighter, therefore uses less plastic, which lowers impact on the environment. Also, because the size and weight, the shipping cost and carbon footprint are also reduced.
– Those buttons under the index fingers are really convenient. In had it feels similar to Sony PlayStation joystick.
Things ahead of us :
1. Packaging Graphics.
2. Instruction Manual ( for the drone and the radio transmitter).
3. Short Kickstarter campaign in order to get to at least lowest MOQ ( Minimum Order Quantity).
Please, do worry about the time involved in the campaign, your model will be shipped as soon as it is ready ( before the campaign finishes).